If you’re tired of the chaos, divisiveness, and general craziness of America under the Trump administration, it might be time to consider packing up and heading to the City of Light. Paris, the City of Love, has been attracting people from all over the world for centuries, with its stunning architecture, rich cultural heritage, and joie de vivre.
In this article, we will explore 10 reasons why you might consider saying goodbye to Trump’s America and moving to Paris. Whether you are looking for a better quality of life, more opportunities for personal and professional growth, or a chance to experience new cultures, Paris has something to offer everyone.
So, pack your bags, grab your passport, and get ready to embark on a new adventure in the heart of France.
You don’t have to feel bad about doing absolutely nothing on Sundays, because everything is closed.
You don’t have to feel bad about taking 6 weeks off a year when you work; you’re entitled to it.
Passing your driver’s test is ridiculously hard, so once you get your license, nobody can tell you you don’t know how to drive.
Even if you make a little mistake every now and then.
You can eat bread at every meal, because everybody does.
You don’t have to feel guilty about taking a day off of work to go to the bi-annual sales.
As a matter of fact, if you don’t, you’re a Loser with a Capital ‘L’.
Being in a bad mood in the subway (or anywhere else) is the norm.
You don’t have to smile…nobody does.
As a matter of fact, pushing people around to get in and out of the train is practically a way of life.
Drinking at lunch is ok and expected.
Want a strike about something? Go for it.
In fact, 50% of the population does at one point in their life (I haven’t actually checked out that number, but it does seem that way). Here’s how to avoid a strike in France:
- Don’t take the subway.
- Do take the bus – in towns where buses are run by private companies (like where I live).
- Learn to ride a bike.
- Don’t travel by plane.
- Don’t put your kid in school, or if you have to at least don’t sign your child up for lunch at the cafeteria.
- Get a back-up plan for random days when school is cancelled the day of.
- Don’t move to France if you can’t stand strikes.
You can speak French with a bad accent and get away with it.
The French think they are the best at everything and existentially grapple with the waning of the French language, so they’ll really appreciate someone trying.
But there's more. Check out these bussin stories:
- Language matters: how ‘white words’ corrupt our perception of justice On rejecting the language of the colonizer and creating language that reflects PoC's lived experiences rather than white thoughts and white structures.
- Vaginal health matters: here’s what 8 strange vaginal smells actually mean Not sure if your vagina's smell is normal or not? Check out this guide to vaginal scents.
- The ‘bodybuilding’ scene is unbearably white—and very dark Young white men failing to meet dating and career standards are increasingly turning to cartoonish body ideals—body ideals requiring exotic steroids that react with white fragility to cause deadly road rage.